Safe Computing Tips
Just as you play a vital role in ensuring the security of your home and your possessions, you too share in the responsibility for ensuring that your personal information is adequately protected. Once personal information has reached your computer, it is up to you to protect it.
Use Strong Passwords
Your password along with your account number grants you access to your personal information and Achieva Online services. You don't want someone else to easily guess this login information.
- Choose unique passwords. Longer passwords between 8 and 16 characters, using a mix of letters and numbers, are stronger.
- Try to avoid passwords that are real words or obvious choices, such as family names, birthdays or telephone numbers.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple applications or Internet services.
- Disable automatic password save features in the browsers and software you use to access the Internet. The password save feature is not an option on Achieva's website, regardless of your browser options.
- Install and use a personal firewall on your computer to ensure others cannot access your computer through the Internet.
Protect Your Password
We store your login information and passwords in a protected and secure environment, which is isolated from the Internet so they cannot be accessed or downloaded by unauthorized individuals. You too should ensure that this information is kept secret and safe:
- Memorize it
- Do not write it down
- Change it frequently
- Do not reveal it to anyone
Keep Your Software Up-to-date
The software you use can affect the security of your online activities. You should watch for warnings about security "holes" or "bugs" that may affect the software and Web browser you are using. It is good practice to regularly check for software updates on the website of your browser manufacturer.